We will take back your unused pharmaceutical products for disposal but there is a few rules that you must follow.
For the safety of everyone, we do not allow the transfer of products to be done in the pharmacy.
Please prepare your disposal bag from home.
This program is funded by the Province of Ontario.
- They do not accept any packaging such as pill bottles, vials and boxes.
- Loose pills, including prescription medications, over the counter medications, herbal products, minerals and vitamins are to be dumped together in a sealed Ziploc bag. No boxes, no vials, no bottles.
- Patchescan be added to the bag of pills without the box.
- Pills sealed in a blister card can be placed in the bag as is without the box.
- Liquids and creams are to be left in their original containers but the prescription label must be removed to protect your confidential information. No boxes please.
- Needles and sharps must be in a yellow or red “sharps” container. This container must be properly sealed.
For safety reasons, the transfer of the above products into a Ziploc Bag or into the sharps container will NOT be permitted in the pharmacy.
You will need to prepare your medications for disposal from your own home. Our dispensary staff members have been instructed to only accept disposal products as instructed above. The above policy will be enforced in order to protect everyone involved.
We reserve the right to refuse your products if they are non-compliant with the above rules. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.